GOVERNMENT OF PUNJAB
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE
(FINANCE PENSION POLICY AND COORDINATION BRANCH)
Dated Chandigarh, the 25February, 2014
All Heads of Departments,
Commissioners of Divisions,
Registrar, Punjab and Haryana High Court,
District and Session Judges and
All Deputy Commissioners in the State.
Subject: -: Grant of Instalment of Dearness Relief to the Pensioners/Family Pensioners due from 1st July, 2013.
I am directed to refer to this Department Letter No.1/29/98-3FPPC/1539, dated the 31 October, 2013 and letter No.1/29/98-3FPPC/1597 dated 8th November, 2013 on the subject cited above and to say that the Governor of Punjab is pleased to decide that the Dearness Relief due to the Punjab Government pensioners/family pensioners/extraordinary pensioners etc. with effect from 1 July, 2013 shall be payable to them from the l " February, 2014 onwards. Thus the Dearness Relief payable to pensioners/family pensioners/extraordinary pensioners etc shall stand increased from the existing rate of 80% to 90% of basic pension.
2. The Dearness Relief at the enhanced rate as shown above will be paid with the pension w.e.f. 1st February, 2014 by crediting the same in the respective bank accounts of the concerned Pensioners/Family Pensioners. The decision for the payment of arrears of Dearness Relief for the period from 01.07.2013 to 31.01.2014 will be taken in due course. It has been further decided that arrears of D.A. for the period from 1.01.2013 to 30.06.2013 due at the rate of 8% of basic pension will be paid in cash immediately by crediting the same in the respective bank accounts of the concerned Pensioners/Family Pensioners.
3. Other provisions governing grant of Dearness Relief to Pensioners etc. such as regulation of Dearness Relief during employment/re-employment and regulation of Dearness Relief where more than one pension is drawn etc. will remain unchanged.
4. On the analogy of decision taken by the Government of India it has been decided to dispense with the issue of ready reckoner along with the Dearness Relief Orders. It will now be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority, including the nationalized banks etc. to calculate the quantum of Dearness Relief payable in each individual case.
5 All District Treasury Officers/Treasury Officers and Public Sector Banks will make payment of Dearness Relief to Pensioners/Family Pensioners etc. on the basis of these orders.
6. The expenditure involved will be debited to the Head "2071- Pension and Other Retirement Benefits".
7. The liability in respect of pre .1st November, 1966 service of the pensioners and their family pensioners shall be divisible amongst the successor States of the erstwhile State of Punjab i.e. Punjab; Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Union Territory, Chandigarh, in terms of the 14th Schedule of Punjab Reorganization Act, 1966.
Joint Secretary Finance