Government of India
Ministry of Finance Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 24th March, 2011.
Subject: Payment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees – Revised Rates from 1.1.2011.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s Office Memorandum No. 1 (6)/2010-E-II (B) dated 22nd September, 2010 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 45% to 51% with effect from 1st January, 2011.
2. The provisions contained in paras 3, 4, and 5 of this Ministry’s O.M. No. 1(3)/2008-E-II (B) dated 29th August, 2008 shall continue to be applicable while regulating Dearness Allowance under these orders.
3. The additional instalment of Dearness Allowance payable under these orders shall be paid in cash to all Central Government employees.
4. The payment of arrears of Dearness Allowance for the months of January and February shall not be made before the date of disbursement of salary of March, 2011.
5. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant head of the Defence Services Estimates. In regard to Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
6. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller and |Audit General of India.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India.
All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India as per standard distribution list etc.
Copy (with usual number of spare copies) to C&AG, UPSC etc. as per standard list.